Monday, January 12, 2009

Contest Monday: Win a copy of Escape the Mask

Welcome to Contest Monday! Today's prize is a free hardback copy of David Ward's book Escape the Mask.

About the book (from Amazon.com): "The first in a new adventure trilogy full of danger, bravery, and unexpected friendships.

Welcome to Grassland, where the only hope of freedom is to go beyond the reach of sinister, silent masters, and the only family you know are your fellow captives. Coriko has never known a world beyond his cell and the fields where he toils all day. He does what he’s told and tries not to anger the Spears, the cruel, masked jailers who guard him and the other child slaves. If he gathers baskets of shards and keeps quiet and orderly, then he can spend time with his cellmate and best friend, Pippa.

But without warning, the children’s orderly lives begin to change—slowly at first, with the arrival of a pair of siblings who speak Coriko and Pippa’s language. Soon after, violent events shake up the quiet world of Grassland, and Coriko must find the strength to grasp his freedom. Full of heartstopping action, Escape the Mask introduces Coriko, Pippa, and their friends—and begins the journey of The Grassland Trilogy."

How to Enter: In an effort to make this easier, I'm chaning how to enter. To enter the contest, simply leave a comment on this post. That's easy, right? Or, if you can't leave a comment, send an email to shadyglade (AT) mail (DOT) com with the subject line "Escape the Mask Contest" and include your name, your email adress, the correct subject line

How to earn Extra Entries:
  1. Post about the contest on your blog or website. Post a link in the comments, or email the link to me.
  2. Become a follower of this Blog (post a comment to let me know)
  3. You will get one extra entry for each meaningful comment you make on this blog throughout the week.
  4. Post your own Contest Monday (post a comment with the link)

Rules: The contest is open until Monday, January 19, 2009 when the new contest will be posted. Everyone in the US and Canada is eligible, even if you've won a contest in the past. The winner will be chosen by a random number generator. One free entry per person allowed. See above for instructions to earn extra contest entries. Questions? Post a comment or email and ask.

Escape the Mask is a 2008 Fantasy Sci-Fi Cybils nominee. Good luck to everyone! I'll announce the contest winner on Tuesday, January 20th.

Escape the Mask is also available for order from Amazon.com:

9 comments:

Katie said...

enter me, please! I'm already a follower and I posted a link to this contest in the sidebar of my blog: http://katiesbookshelf11.blogspot.com/

Cyndi said...

Please enter me! Thanks! :D

-Cyndi
musicandbookscyndi@hotmail.com

Rikua said...

Please enter me for this contest. I am also a follower of this blog already. Thanks!
-Rikua
DisneyRikua@gmail.com

Paradox said...

Enter me please!

I'm already a follower.

I posted about the contest here: http://paradoxrevealed.blogspot.com/2008/12/official-contest-list.html

Thank you!

Erika Powell said...

enter me please!
sports[dot]erikalynn[at]gmail[dot]com

Erika Powell said...

I posted about the contest on my blog as well.
http://kissmybook.blogspot.com/2009/01/simple-pleasures.html

Krista P. said...

I'd like to enter. :)

towerofbooks(at)gmail.com

Unknown said...

If it's not too late, I'd like to enter! This sounds way interesting!

And I'll be following!

Safe travels!

cecilia // cecpham@gmail.com

Genevieve said...

Please enter me! I'm a follower and I posted a link in my blog's sidebar:
http://caprubia.blogspot.com/

caprubia[at]gmail[dot]com