Monday, October 22, 2007

Why I use Amazon.com Associates

I’ve seen similar posts around the kidlitosphere in the past few months, and I decided that you might just want to know why I use the Amazon Associates program. If not, then feel free to disregard this message.

First of all, I really like Amazon.com. It’s probably my favorite book website in terms of price, shipping speed, customer service, and overall usefulness. Also, Amazon offers so much more than books, including beauty, toys, and computer items. It’s very easy to find what you’re looking for at great prices.

Secondly, I think it’s interesting to look up reviews, information, etc. about a book, even if you’re not planning on buying it.

Thirdly (and maybe most importantly), I’m a poor college student. I get a summer job from May until August every year and work my behind off, in the hopes I’ll make enough money to sustain me during the school months (jobs on and around campus are quite scarce). It’s rather hard to do this, and I often have to skimp on things like groceries by the end of the school year in favor of, oh, textbooks usually.

So Amazon.com Associates helps cover my grocery expenses. It’s not like I even make a huge profit; I’ve been doing this for almost a year and I’ve made just barely under $10. But when you’re starving, even a few bucks can help.

So that’s the reason you’ll see Amazon links all over this blog. If you’re planning on buying something from Amazon anyway, consider buying it from links by someone in the Associates program (I’m definitely not the only blog/website that does this). You can use a search widget, or just use the links to click over to the site, and then go to what you’re looking for from there.

Remember, you don’t have use my links. But, hey, if you do, maybe I’ll be able to afford a sandwich. :-)

No comments: