Monday, March 30, 2009

Review Policy

Review Policy
If you are an author, publisher, or publicist who would like to send me a book, please send me an email at shadyglade (AT) mail.com. I am always happy to look into new books.

However, please keep the following things in mind:

1. This is a Young Adult blog. I do occasionally review/feature children's, middle grade, and/or adult books. But mostly it's all Young Adult. If I don't feel like your book is a good fit for the blog, I will ask that you not send me a copy. I always try to recommend places that WILL fit your book though, so don't be too discouraged if this happens to you.

2. If you send me a book, I don't guarantee a review. I am way to busy to review every single book that I read. But I will try to review it. And if I don't do a review I will either pass it on to a different reader or feature it in some way on the blog. I try to give every book I receive it's moment in the spotlight.In other words, I reserve the right to not review any book sent to me. I try not to post wholly negative reviews, so if I don't like the book I may not review it at all. Which leads me to:

3. I write honest reviews. This means that you might not get a "It was great!" review. If I can't find anything good to say about a book I won't review it at all. But if there is good and bad about it, I will post a review that will include the good things and the bad things. I expect myself to be honest about how I feel about a book, but more importantly, my readers expect it too.

4. I don't promise timelines for reviews. I used to and it stressed me out too much, so I'm not doing that anymore. If you have a special event you want to coordinate a review with, let me know. We might be able to work something out. But otherwise, no timeline promises. And constant emails about the book is not going to have me review it any faster.

If you have any questions about this review policy, please feel free to send me an email. Thank you for stopping by The Shady Glade.

I reserve the right to change, revise, edit, or take down this review policy at any time, without notice.

No comments: