Thursday, January 31, 2008

2007: Book Reflections

Here it is, the last of my 2007 posts. Happy dance! It took me a month into 2008 to get this posted, but here it is at last.

The purpose of this post is to look back on the things I read in 2007. It was certainly a busy year for me; I read 115 books totaling over 21,000 pages. That’s a lot of reading. And yet, I’m still playing catch-up… *sigh*

Here’s a list of my favorites from this year. Yes, I know that I haven’t written reviews for many of these yet, but they are coming! And while you wait for the reviews, you may want to click over and check the books out on Amazon.com anyway. Trust me, these are all worth reading.

Aftershocks by William Lavender
The Annotated Alice: The Definitive Edition by Lewis Carroll
Bad Girls Club by Judy Gregerson
Cinderella illustrated by Kinuko Y. Craft
Flight Volume 2
Forging the Sword (The Farsala Trilogy) by Hilari Bell
Full Moon, Volume 1: O Sagashite (Full Moon) by Arina Tanemura
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)
Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City: Inside the Shadow City (Kiki Strike) by Kristen Miller
Penguin's Special Christmas Treeillustrated by Molly Idle
Public Enemy Number Two: Diamond Brother Mystery #2 (Diamond Brothers Mysteries) by Anthony Horowitz
Secrets of Disney's Haunted Mansion by Doombuggies.com
Sense and Sensibility (Oxford World's Classics) by Jane Austen
South By Southeast: The Diamond Brothers (Diamond Brothers Mysteries) by Anthony Horowitz
Terrier: The Legend of Beka Cooper #1 (Beka Cooper) by Tamora Pierce
The Twelve Dancing Princesses illustrated by Kinuko Y. Craft
Kiki Strike: The Empress's Tomb (Kiki Strike) by Kristen Miller
The Persian Cinderella by Shirley Climo
The Rumpelstiltskin Problem by Vivian Vande Velde
The Safe-Keeper's Secret (Firebird) by Sharon Shinn
Sisters of Isis: The Summoning (Sisters of Isis #1) by Lynne Ewing

And for those of you who are wondering just where all those pages came from…here’s a (mostly) complete slideshow of everything I read! I didn’t include those things which aren’t on Amazon.com (for obvious reasons) but it’s still a pretty big list. If nothing else, I like watching just to revel in the sheer numbers of these books…


No comments: