Sunday, November 25, 2007

Major News Update (sorry so long!)

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I was out of town for the Thanksgiving holiday, and I was completely cut off from internet access. Plus, the internet at my apartment was down since Thursday , November 15th too. So many days without internet!!! *Choke*

Anyway, most of my next few days will be spent on finalizing this research paper I have due on Friday. Yuck. So you probably won’t hear much from me at all in the next few days. I will miss you all though! Hopefully I’ll have time to update before Friday, but maybe not, we’ll just have to wait and see.

So before I disappear for a whole ‘nother week, here’s an update on some major events.

For those of you following the Robert’s Snow Event, the first auction has already passed. Auction 2 starts soon (tomorrow maybe? I’ll have to check for sure). You don’t want to miss out on these snowflakes, including the previously featured Theresa Brandon and Carol Heyer flakes. Go to the Robert’s Snow site for all the juicy details. You can also visit a comprehensive list of all snowflake features by visiting 7Imp's list here.


News from the Cybils! Nominations are now up. I’ll probably be posting them one by one in the next few weeks. Thank you to everyone who nominated a book. Meanwhile, you can always visit the Cybils website itself to see the nominated titles.


Just a reminder that I’m still looking for proofreading material. Please, please, please, if you have something (anything!) that you could contribute, email me and let me know. I only have 6 out of 30 pages so far!


The deadline for the next YABC Teen Reviewer is fast approaching. The deadline is December 15th this year, so make sure you get your applications in early!

Lastly, for those of you who are holiday shoppers and need ideas, I hope to be putting up a holiday gift guide in the next little while. While most of the items on there will be books (what else?) I might also include some music and movies. I will be using Amazon.com links, since that is my preferred method of shopping online. For an explanation of why I use Amazon.com, you can view my post about it here.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. See you soon!

No comments: