Monday, February 01, 2010

February Comment Contest: Win a copy of The Reluctant Heiress

*EDIT* Since I didn't give you much to comment on in Feburary (between being sick and the Olympics) I have extended this contest through March 31st. Keep commenting away to win.

Well, today is February 1st, which means it's time for a new comment contest. Keep your eye on the blog for the winner of last month's contest in the next few days. And unlike January, I already have a book picked out, so this is getting posted on time.

How to enter: Each qualifying comment you leave on this blog equals one entry into the pot. The more you comment, the better chance you have at winning. Your fate is in your own hands. So if you really want the book, comment a lot! At the end of the month I randomly pick one winner for the prize. It's that easy. Qualifying comments do not include "please enter me" or other contest-related comments.

Want to know what you're playing for? Well, since February is the month of love, I thought a romance was appropriate for this time around. A historical romance to be exact. The prize for this month is an ARC copy of The Reluctant Heiress by Eva Ibbotson. To win it, comment away until 11:59 p.m. PST on February 28th. The top 10 commentors will get extra entries into the contest. You can check the top 10 status at any time using the widget in the left sidebar.

About the Book (from Amazon.com): "Being an heiress in 1920s Austria with nothing but a broken-down castle to your name and nary a penny in your purse could be frustrating for anyone but the Princess Theresa-Maria of Pfaffenstein. “Tessa,” however, is thrilled with her situation, as it allows her to concentrate on her love of the arts—and no one in the Viennese opera company need know that their delightful and charming under-wardrobe mistress is really a princess. But when the dashing self-made millionaire Guy Farne arrives at the opera in search of suitable entertainment for his high society guests, Tessa realizes that there may be more to life—and love—than just music. But while the attraction between them in undeniable, Guy’s insufferable snob of a fiancĂ©e only solidifies Tessa’s determination to keep her true identity a secret. Yet, after a chance meeting with the handsome Englishman, Tessa’s reserve begins to melt, and she starts to wonder if it’s not too late for a fairytale ending…"

15 comments:

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

While reading additional reviews I came across the comment "the complex story line is how much WWI shook up the world order". I love romance and if there is a little history there, then it's just that much more enjoyable. Thanks for alerting me about this book.

alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com

Adriana said...

I love historical fiction and the cover is lovely. This book sounds perfect for a February giveaway.

Jamie said...

I'm not so sure that if I was an heiress, I would be reluctant about it. I wouldn't mind being rich for a least a little while. I'd pay off all my debt and go on a vacation.

Julie said...

Oh, I LOVE Eva's books. I have all her YA ones and can't wait for the next one!

Wicked Walker said...

This sounds like a great book, this is first I have heard about it. Don't you just love to **hate** the snobby fiance, ha ha.

justpeachy36 said...

Wow! This book looks really good and I love the cover. Just beautiful.

Jessy said...

I haven't heard of this. It sounds really interesting though.

Aik said...

This one sounds like a great book! I've always loved reading historical fictions!

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Margay Leah Justice said...

I've never read Ibbotson before, but I might have to after reading the description of this book. It sounds very interesting.

Margay

Margay1122(at)aol(dot)com

Mystica said...

I've not read this author before but I just love romance mixed up with a bit of history! It makes for a very good story. Also the cover is delicious!

mystica123athotmaildotcom

misskallie2000 said...

"The Reluctant Heiress" has my name written all over it..LOL I love historical, and this was a period of unrest in Europe. It also has a little Cinderella feeling and the romance woven in sounds exciting. Even has the evil girl friend to stir up tempers.
Thanks for the great opportunity to win this book.

misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

buddyt said...

Wellat least the "broken-down castle" doesn't have vampires, werewolves or zombies ! I am getting a bit fed up with them.

It would ber nice to read an interesting historical again.

If the giveaway is open worldwide, then please enter me.

Thanks

Carol


buddytho {at} gmail DOT com

Victoria Zheng said...

Hmm...Historical fiction stories with a little romance woven into them are absolutely great!

Victoria Zheng said...

Still wanting this book...It sounds amazing, and I'd love to get it partially cuz historical fiction interests me a lot...
*nosedives into another book for the time being*

Chelsea said...

Strange, I've never heard of this book before, but it sounds good. I love era books - they're completely different stories from what I spend the majority of my time reading.
It's nice to get away from the 21st century high school setting once in a while.

chel_216 at hotmail dot com