Sunday, September 23, 2007

News- New features and more!

Yes, it’s time once again for me to post the news, or what some people will probably refer to as “Alyssa-complaining-that-she-has-no-time-to-work-on-her-blog-anymore” time.

But seriously, I have do have actual news this time. First off, we have an exciting new feature that I hope to add over the next few months: Movie Reviews. I’ve always loved movies (almost as much as books…almost) and I’d like to be able to share some of my favorite big (and small) screen moments with all of you. This is partly fueled by my discovery of Amazon Unbox. This handy feature lets you download movies and TV episodes just like iTunes. But I actually like it better than iTunes, because I can never get iTunes to work on my computer (stupid computer… *mutter, mutter*). But I digress. Look for some movie features coming up, right along with those book reviews.

Speaking of which… I am still writing them, I promise! I read over 60 books this summer, and now I’m picking out which ones I want to review. I’m trying really, really hard to get them done ASAP, and find out where my computer stashed all my saved ones. (I know they’re around here somewhere…)

Thirdly, I’ve discovered a website where I can create handy-dandy slideshows (I’m sure you’ve seen them around), and I am way excited about it. From now on, expect a slideshow in some of the posts I do that talk about multiple books. And just to show you how neat this feature is, I’ve posted one below with all the prize books that are up for grabs for the Summer Writing Challenge (still time left to get your entries in!). If those won’t get you motivated, I don’t know what will. *Bloglines and other feed program users will need to view the original post to see this.*



In other news, I’ve cooked up quite a few other posts and such about random things. In addition to today’s post about the Fall Reading Challenge, there will be other Challenge news, as well as another site review, and some more stuff that I’ve had stewing around awhile. Between my catching up on reviews, the Robert’s Snow event, the end of the Summer Writing Challenge, and the upcoming Cybils, it should prove to be an interesting end to the year!

No comments: