Sunday, June 14, 2009

Winner of the First Random Contest

It's time to announce the winner of the first ever Random Contest. This time you had to guess how many Jane Austen-inspired novels I had on my bookshelf. The correct answer is 13. Two of you guessed correctly, so by random selection the winner is:

Jenna!

Congrats. You have one week to claim your prize. Email me with your pick of either a book from my Bookmooch inventory, or a Bookmooch point. And our runner up (who also guessed correctly) is
Paradox

Email me letting me know if you would like an extra entry into either the current Contest Monday or Comment Contest.

Thank you to everyone who entered. Keep an eye out because you never know when a Random Contest will show up!

For those who are interested, here are the 13 books mentioned in this contest:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen- This is my grandmother's copy. It was published in 1943!
Pride and Prejudice (Insight Edition) by Jane Austen
Persuasion by Jane Austen
The Friendly Jane Austen: A Well-Mannered Introduction to a Lady of Sense and Sensibility by Natalie Tyler
Dear Jane Austen: A Heroine's Guide to Life and Love by Patrice Hannon (my newest acquisition)
The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler
Jane and the Unpleasantness at Scargrave Manor: Being the First Jane Austen Mystery by Stephanie Barron
Pride and Prescience: Or, A Truth Universally Acknowledged by Carrie Bebris
Mr. Darcy's Daughters by Elizabeth Aston
Just Jane by Nancy Moser
Cassandra's Sister by Veronica Bennett
Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman

I know, surprising isn't it? I don't have all of Austen's novels, but I do have two copies of Pride and Prejudice. :-)

5 comments:

Linna said...

Congratulations!
I thought you have more Austen's books. I know someone who's really a Jane Austen geek. She owns different covers/languages/sizes of Austen's books. Just countless.

Amanda said...

Congrats to the winners!

Kate said...

Congratulations to Jenna and Paradox :)

Jenna said...

I guess 13 is my lucky number. :D

I've sent you an email with my book choice.

Cecelia said...

You might enjoy Pride, Prejudice and Jasmin Field by Melissa Nathan and Shannon Hale's Austenland if you enjoy the 'Austen' genre quite a lot. Both riff off of the original Pride and Prejudice.