Monday, July 04, 2011

Traditional 4th of July Video

Happy Independence Day to my American readers!  If you've just started reading the blog in the past year, you don't know that it's my tradition to post an Americana video every 4th.  And today is no exception.

I wrestled a little bit with what to post this year.  But while I had my iPod on shuffle at work one day, this song came up and I knew this was it.  One of my favorite places in the world to go is any Disney park.  And at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort, nestled in the back of the World Showcase is the American Pavilion, home of the largest animatronic stage show in WDW, The American Adventure.  There's a song at the end, "Golden Dream", that plays while they show a video montage and I get choked up just about every time I see it.

Now, since this is on a movie theater size widescreen, it's difficult to get good video footage of both the movie and good sound quality of the song.  So after searching and searching through clips on YouTube, this is the one I found with the best of both worlds.  The person filming makes me a little sick with his/her constantly panning the camera back and forth, but he/she does a pretty good job of letting you see most of the movie:


Now, if you're more interested in just hearing the song, and don't particularly care what the movie looks like, I recommend checking out this tribute video instead.

And since I really, really, really like the video I posted last year, I'm posting it again so that everyone has a chance to see it.  It's a parody of the song "Too Late to Apologize" with a Declaration of Independence twist.  Very well done, and lots of fun:




For anyone interested in the lyrics to "Golden Dream":

America, spread your golden wings
Sail on freedom's wind, across the sky.
Great bird, with your golden dreams
flying high, flying high.

Restless one in a world of change,
keeping dreams aloft in the rain.
Spirit free, soaring through the clouds
of time, of time.

America, you must keep dreaming now
Dreaming the promised vow of your pioneers
America, keep on flying now.
Keep your spirit free.
Facing new frontiers.

America, spread your golden wings
Sail on freedom's wind across the sky.
Great bird with your golden dreams,
Flying high, flying high,
Flying high, flying high!

1 comment:

Ann Summerville said...

Great post
Ann