Friday, December 10, 2010

Poetry Friday: Baby What You Goin' To Be?

So last year I posted Christmas carol lyrics on Poetry Friday for the month of December. I had a lot of fun with it, so I've decided to do it again. In fact, I was going to do it last Friday too and I completely forgot. (haha)

So the song I have running through my head is "Baby What You Goin' To Be?" by Natalie Sleeth. This is one of the songs we're singing for our Christmas choir in my church, and it's beautiful.

Here are the lyrics, although it's kind of hard to type them like this because the song is layered between the four parts (soprano, alto, tenor and bass) so the melody keeps changing voices.

"Baby What You Goin' To Be?" by Natalie Sleeth

Baby, Lying in a manger, slumbering so sweetly,
Whatcha gonna be?
Baby all the world is watchin',
all the world awaits to see,
what will you be?
Baby sleeping in a stable, underneath the heavens,
whatcha gonna say?
Baby, did you bring the Good News?
Did you come to light our way?

Oh, look, see the cattle asleep, see the shepherds beside,
See the Wise Men, they bow unto you.
Are you the one who was meant to be Master?
To bring in the Kingdom too?
Alleluia
Baby, Hope of all the people,
what you come to do here?
What you come to say?
Baby, can you be the Savior?
Come to save the world one day?
Baby lying in a manger,
will you save the world one day?


And since you can't really get a good idea of how pretty this music is without hearing it, here's the best YouTube video I could find with it. This actually has three songs sung by this choir, but this one is the first one shown.

No comments: