Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Have You Joined our Goodreads Group?

Are you a member of Goodreads?  Also trying to keep up what's new with the battle?  If so, why haven't you joined our Goodreads group yet?  It's got all the latest news from the battle, and a few other things mixed in.  So check it out, become a member, and then invite all your friends.  :)

The group was very active last year at the beginning and then it kind of petered out.  I'd like to get some more participation going on over there, so I'm going to sweeten the deal a bit.  That's right, it's time to pull out the contest incentive!

For every person who participates in the group during the battle this summer, you get one entry into the contest.  At the end of the battle I'll randomly pick two members of the group to win a book of their choice from off of my ever-towering book prize pile (lots of upcoming ARCs available!).  There will be two winners, a new (from this post onward) member, and a previous member.  Each post in the group's discussion forums is one entry, so the more you post, the greater your chances.  And if you invite a friend to become a member (and they do) send me a message letting me know who you invited and I will give you an extra 3 entries for each member you recruit.

And here's another fun way to get started.  I want to do a Reader's Choice Awards for the battle as we get near the end.  Check out the details in the group, and pitch in your suggestions for the project.  Remember, contest entries are at stake here!

And if you aren't a member of Goodreads, no problem.  You can catch all the news right here on the blog too.  However, Goodreads is free to join, and I really like using their contests, bookswap, and currently reading features as well as the groups (of course).  I'll warn you though, it gets addicting!  I actually spend more time there than on Facebook...

No comments: