Saturday, December 09, 2006

News and Updates (again)

Sorry about the lack of updates! My real life (aka finals) has been getting in the way these past few weeks. In addition I have tons of books to finish for the Cybils awards, and a few Christmas books I need to finish soon for YABC. Anyway, here's what you can expect in the next few weeks:

Contests: I know, I know, December's going fast. I promise to have the contests up soon. Right now, I do have the Harperteen FanLit contest going on, so make sure you click on the "This Month's Contests" link (that way ----->) to go to that.

Quotes, Quotes, and more Quotes: I'm reading some really good books right now, with all sorts of good quotes. Not all of them are reading related, but I'm keeping track of them to post here. Keep an eye out!

Reviews (Of course!): You can see a list of what I'm currently reading by looking at the"Recent Books from my library" list in the sidebar (below "related book links"). Several of them are Christmas, so you can expect reviews soon! In addition, I still have a few older reviews I need to get up, so those are coming along.

Book site reviews: I know its been months since I've done one of these. (Don't hurt me! *cringe*) I promise to get some more of these done, if nothing else than during Christmas vacation when I'll finally have some time to sit down and actually write them. I've got several sites on my list including bookburger, teensreadtoo.com, simonpulse and more. Stay tuned for more.

As always, I'm open to suggestions. I LOVE to hear from people, so email me if you have anything you want to tell me. I'm an email junkie and I'll probably reply within a day or two. We also need a lot more people to visit if I'm going to start book giveaways, so please help spread the word about this blog!

If you need any ideas for Christmas, why not check out The Shady Glade Store? I've just added a whole bunch of BRAND NEW books, and anything you buy goes to help YABC's campaign to support teen reading. Check it out!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I will link you! Hopefully that can help you get a couple more visitors. :-)

Alyssa F said...

aww.. thanks! I hope it helps!