Monday, December 31, 2007

Enchanted with"Enchanted"

So you’ve probably heard something about this new movie, Enchanted. Whatever you’ve heard, this is my advice:

Go see it. Now.

Okay, in all seriousness. I knew I was going to see it at one point because, after all, it is a Disney movie, and you all know how much I’m crazy for Disney. My expectations were completely blown of the water. I haven’t enjoyed seeing a movie like that since Pirates of the Caribbean.

Yes, it’s corny. Yes, it’s making fun of Disney stereotypes. Yes, the witch is ugly (well, really, what did you expect there?). But it is sooo good. I really can’t even put my finger on what I like about it, but I know I will be buying this one as soon as it comes out on DVD.

So go see it. Yes, it’s musical/romance/comedy/fairytale/culture shock/cheesy movie. But it’s a great one. Check out IMDB if you’re looking for a plot summary, because it’s altogether too complicated for me to explain without giving something away. And see it on the big screen if possible. You just can’t get the full experience otherwise.

Okay, you convinced me. For those of you who can’t click links, here’s a trailer for you to watch. But it truly doesn’t compare to the movie, so don’t use that as an excuse!


1 comment:

DeNote said...

I saw the movie and LOVED IT! Can't wait for the DVD release.