Monday, August 23, 2010

New Blog Alert: Girls Love Graphic Novels

Normally I don't do posts like this, but this is a new blog I had to share. Many of my longtime readers know that I love graphic novels, even if I don't always get around to reviewing them here. Three of my years on the Cybils committee have been spent on the graphic novels panel, and I've read some great books in those years. So if you like graphic novels too (or are just curious about the different types of graphic novels out there) you really need to check out Girls Love Graphic Novels.

Although there are many things I like about this new blog, the best recommendation I can give is this: If I were ever to be invited to participate in a group blog about graphic novels, this is the blog I would love, love, love to be a part of.

It's put on by two of my all time favorite bloggers, Kristen from Bookworming in the 21st Century, and Kate from The Neverending Shelf. These two ladies do a fantastic job with their own blogs, and the fact that they're taking even a small amount of time away from those blogs to focus on a new project amazes me. I value and trust their opinions, and I've loved the reviews of graphic novels they've done for months on their own blogs. They both have a knack for sniffing out treasures that have been overlooked, and I'm sure they're going to add a lot of things to my graphic novel To Be Read pile. In addition to that, they're also eventually going to get into a few anime reviews as well, something I'm always open for new suggestions on.

But enough of me gushing. Head over to Girls Love Graphic Novels and explore a bit yourself. And in the meantime, I've been inspired to do better about my own graphic novel reviews. So hopefully we'll see a few more of those around here too.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So cool I love graphic novels as well!

Kristen said...

Aw, you're so sweet! If you want to join, I can ask Kate if she's open to a new teammate - especially one we both adore! :) We could always use a little extra here and there. Let me know!

Oh and Thanks for the plug! GLad you're excited about GNs like we are!

Unknown said...

Wow! That is totally sweet. Like Kristen said... I am totally open if you want to join us! Just sent one / both of an email if you are interested and we can get you added in. BTW I adore you too :)

Rabid Fox said...

Neat. I'll check that blog out. I only got into reading graphic novels about a year and a half ago, so I'm always on the lookout for titles.

I'm presently reading Naomi Nowak's House of Clay and Jodi Picoult's Wonder Woman: Love and Murder/

Heather R. Holden said...

Hey, I'm a girl who loves graphic novels! I'll definitely be checking this blog out. :D

kaye said...

I love graphic novels. so cool! Neat!