Monday, October 18, 2010

Alert For iPhone and iPod Touch Users

If you have an iPhone or an iPod Touch and you love book reviews, I've got something you may be very, very interested in.

One of the reasons I've been scare on my reviews on the blog over the past year or so is that I write reviews for a couple of local papers: Sacramento Book Review and San Fransisco Book Review. I get a little "reviewed-out" doing my articles for those each month (although I'm trying to be better about that).

But I digress. The reason for this post is to let everyone know that the editors of the newspaper have made all the Kids, Tweens, and Young Adult book reviews they get free in an iPhone app. It's called Kids Book Review. It used to be $1.99, but right now it's free for download (though I don't know for how long).

Here's the description from the app details page:

Kids Book Review is the first iPhone app for Children's, Tweens, and YA books. The Sacramento and San Francisco Book Reviews have reviewed almost 800 kids books since September 2008, and they are all available here on this app, along with new book release information, classic titles, and more.

Both book review publications review almost 80 new children's books each month, and the Kids Book Review app will be updated weekly with new reviews. From picture books for the under three crowd, to Twilight, The Hunger Games, and other best-selling YA books, the Kids Book Review will keep you in the know about the latest and greatest (and sometimes not so greatest) new books.

Features:
Reviews broken into Children's (0-8), Tweens (9-12) and Young Adult (13+).
New Release and Classic books sections for books that haven't been reviewed.
Favorites folder to save info on books you liked, for easy look-up when you are ready to get it at the bookstore, library, or download.
Search feature to look up specific titles, authors, or illustrators.
Post your favorite reviews or books to your Twitter feed or Facebook page, directly from the App
This really makes me wish I had an iPhone, because I would LOVE to take something like this with me. The paper editors are especially looking for honest reviews about the app, so if you download it, please consider writing a short review about what you think about it on the iTunes store.

So if you're interested, check it out. Hey, it's free to download, so what do you lose? Plus, you'll find lots and lots and lots of reviews in there, including several from yours truly. :) And tell me what you think? I may have to go buy an iPhone just so I can use this one.

3 comments:

SueFitz said...

I downloaded the program - it looks like there might be some good books on there for my nephews.

Thanks for the heads - up

misskallie2000 said...

This is a great thing for parents so they can ck out the books their kids want to read.

misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

M.A.D. said...

Mary D
zenrei57 (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thanks for the heads up! I'll bring this to my daughter's attention in case she's interested as well :D