Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: 10.6.10

It's time to return to another feature I've neglected for awhile. Waiting on Wednesday is back by popular demand! I had someone comment last week that they missed these posts, and since I haven't done one in awhile, I figured today was a good day to get back in the habit.

Today's feature is a follow up for a WoW post from almost two years ago:

My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison

About the Book (from Amazon.com): "Tansy Miller has always felt that her divorced father has never had enough time for her. But mistakenly getting caught on the wrong side of the law wasn't exactly how she wanted to get his attention. Enter Chrysanthemum "Chrissy" Everstar, Tansy's fairy in shining, er, high heels. Chrissy is only a fair godmother, of course, so Tansy's three wishes don't exactly go according to plan. And if bringing Robin Hood to the twenty-first century isn't bad enough for Tansy, being transported back to the Middle Ages to deal with Rumpelstiltskin certainly is. She'll need the help of her blended family, her wits, and especially the cute police chief 's son to stop the gold-spinning story from spinning wildly out of control. Janette Rallison pulls out all the stops in this fresh, fun-filled follow-up to the popular My Fair Godmother."

I loved My Fair Godmother, and of course you know I love anything that even remotely has to do with fairy tales, so this is a dead giveaway for me. I really liked the cover of the first book, and I think I like this one even better.

I have a while to wait though, as My Unfair Godmother won't be released until April 11th, 2011. In the meantime, you can also pre-order it from Amazon.com:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to see the "Waiting on Wed" back. Book pre-ordered. I think I saw that you recommended "Enchanted Ivy" for the Cybils. Is there a review coming?

Alyssa F said...

I hope so. I didn't have much of a chance to get into it before I had to turn my attention to other books (I have 10 sitting on my desk for the newspaper to reivew right now). But everything Sarah Beth Durst is amazing, so that's why I nominated. :)

Jessica B said...

I've seen good things about this series. I'm debating on adding it to my (massive) TBR pile, even if it does sound a little girly for my tastes...

M.A.D. said...

Mary D
zenrei57 (at) hotmail (dot) com

I've never heard of this one, but love the Rumplestiltskin thing.

Adding it (rather belatedly, it seems lol)to my TBR/Wish list. Sounds like something I'd truly enjoy :D