Wednesday, December 07, 2011

A Christmas Confession

I'll admit it.  I love Christmas specials and movies.  These are those really sappy 30 minute programs or made-for-TV movies you see all the time during this year.  You know the ones I mean.  Many of them are sweet enough to make your teeth hurt. 

But I still love them, especially the classics.  I look forward to watching A Charlie Brown Christmas during this time of year, and I've enjoyed Frosty and Rudolph in the past too.  Of course, there's always the new specials that pop up every year too.  Some stand the test of time, some don't.  If you haven't seen Disney's newest special, Prep & Landing, that's a good one to see too. 

But here's the confession time.  Despite my many, many years of going out of my way to see Christmas specials I have never, ever seen Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town or The Year Without Santa Claus. I'm almost ashamed to admit it, espcially since I've seen Rudolph and Frosty so many times!  They are true Christmas classics, and so I'm not sure why exactly I've never seen them, but there you go.  People reference them this time year frequently and I always feel a little left out. 

So my goal this Christmas is finally see the dratted things.  I WILL do it! 

What about you?  Is there a Christmas standby (book, movie, whatever) you've never experienced?

2 comments:

M.A.D. said...

As much as I love Tim Burton, I've never made it through the entire Nightmare Before Christmas - too much singing lol! But MAYBE this year will be different ;D

Rikua said...

I'll admit to having never seen either It's a Wonderful Life or The Christmas Story, though I do want to try and see the latter sometime soon. Personally, I've never really cared for watching Rudolph, though I did often enjoy watching the Santa Clause movie as a child. And I am looking forward to the new Prep and Landing this year, as well as the Doctor Who Christmas special, not that I've been introduced (*cough cough* addicted) to that series.