Friday, December 09, 2011

We interrupt this program...

Sorry, not much of a post today guys.  I'm busy doing stuff for my mom's birthday which is today:


Photobucket


We have two December birthdays in my family (my brother's is after Christmas).  I feel a little bad for everyone with a birthday in December, since they kind of get eclipsed by the holiday season.  Everyone's so focused on Christmas. 

I always try to make an extra effort to do special birthday-only themed things for my family so they don't feel like they're missing out.  But I have to run now so I can make dinner and pie and wrap presents so things are ready by the time Mom is off work! 

Back tomorrow with a more Christmas-y post...

3 comments:

M.A.D. said...

Good for you, Alyssa!! Hugs & hoping your mom has the BEST birthday ever :)

Anonymous said...

Please extend my best wishes to the birthday mom - she's lucky to have such a caring daughter

Wrighty said...

Hope your mom had a wonderful bday! My oldest son was born on the 22nd and I always felt so guilty but he doesn't mind it. We've always kept his bday separate from the holidays too so he still got his own special day. I'm sure your family appreciates how thoughtful you are!