Friday, December 02, 2011

Happy Haul-idays from Chronicle Books 2011

Remember last year when I entered Chronicle Books' Happy Haul-idays contest? Well, I didn't win, but it was fun to do so I'm super glad I had a chance to do it again this year. Actually, I made up my list weeks and weeks ago, but it slipped my mind until today that I never did my post. I squeaked in just in time, since the deadline is today.

For those who didn't see me particpate last year, here's the general idea. To enter, create a list of Chronicle titles you would like to win valued at up to $500. One random blog post will be chosen to win.

But wait! You can win too! One random commentor on the winning blog post will also win books. So, you can win too by commenting on this post (*hint hint*).

This year they've added another new feature. They're also giving away $500 of books to the winning blogger's charity of choice. My choice would be our local Friends of the Library branch. I'm a big supporter of libraries, and our county's system has been hit really hard with budget cuts. More and more on upcoming books I see the words "Order cancelled" instead of "Order pending for XXX branch". I think they could really use some new books for circulation.

But anyway, enough about that. Here's my list for this year. You might notice a few repeats from last year, but there's lots of new stuff too. It's filled with Disney books for me, Star Wars stuff for my brother, cookbooks for my mom and a few things for my Dad. Because I can't stand to not share my goodwill (in the very rare chance I do win) with my family too. :)

The Book of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks: A Celebration of Creative Punctuation
By Bethany Keeley

The Art of Tangled
By Jeff Kurtti, John Lasseter, Nathan Greno, Byron Howard

The Art of The Princess and the Frog
By Jeff Kurtti, John Lasseter, John Musker, Ron Clements

Obsessed With Star Wars
By Benjamin Harper

See's Famous Old Time Candies: A Sweet Story
By Margaret Moos Pick

Sky High: Irresistible Triple-Layer Cakes
By Alisa Huntsman, Peter Wynne, Tina Rupp

Eric Carle's Dream Snow Pop-Up Advent Calendar
By Eric Carle

Setting the Scene: The Art and Evolution of Animation Layout
By Fraser MacLean Foreword by Pete Docter

To Infinity and Beyond!: The Story of Pixar Animation Studios
By Karen Paik,Based on Interviews and Research by Leslie Iwerks,Foreword by John Lasseter,and Ed Catmull,and Steve Jobs

Milk & Cookies: 89 Heirloom Recipes from New York's & Cookies Bakery
By Tina Casaceli, Foreword by Jacques Torres

The Star Wars Poster Book
By Stephen J. Sansweet, and Peter Vilmur

Pinhole Cameras: A DIY Guide
By Chris Keeney

Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts: Secrets and Recipes for the Home Baker
By Mark and Michael Klebeck with Jess Thomson

Cake Simple: Recipes for Bundt-Style Cakes from Classic Dark Chocolate to Luscious Lemon Basil
By Christie Matheson

F in Exams: The Very Best Totally Wrong Test Answers
By Richard Benson

Meow: I Love Cats
Featuring images by Rachael Hale McKenna, Catherine Ledner & Gandee Vasan

Cake Pops: 20 Notecards and Envelopes
By Bakerella

Grand total: $491.49

3 comments:

Ann Summerville said...

I stopped by your blog today.
Ann

Anonymous said...

I love to stop by your blog and (*hint) I love to read so If I win anything from you: it would be delightful. I just moved into a new house, 8 months with no work, and my life seems to be reading and falling into place at age 43. LOL Time flies.... Your fan Jackie Paulson ~

Anonymous said...

Your list looks good. It's nice for you to include your family. My kids tease me that when they were younger and a friend had a birthday I'd always make them get a book for the gift. My kid's high school works with a low income grade school near them. The high schoolers host a Christmas party for grades k-4 every year. This year the school has asked for books instead of toys for the kids. If I won $500 books for charity I would pass them on to the high school for the little ones.