Friday, April 20, 2007

Ramblings: The Blog Review Debate

For those of you who are up-to-date on the happenings in the Lit Blogging world, I’m sure you’re familiar with the whole debate of whether or not blog reviews are better/just as effective as professional reviews.

So after reading about it for a week or so, I’m going to throw in my two cents.

I blog mostly for me. It’s a personal thing. A way to share my own personal thoughts/feelings with all you wonderful readers out there. And because I can’t keep a journal regularly (but let’s not go into that).

That being said, the reviews I publish on this site are merely my own personal reflections of books that I’ve read. Chances are if I don’t enjoy the book I don’t post a review, unless it’s one I can recognize as having merit (even if I didn’t enjoy it myself). I’ve written book reviews for years, even before I got this blog. To me reviews are a great way for me personally to keep track of what I’ve read and whether or not I enjoyed the book. Because, let’s face it, I read so many books I can sometimes never keep them straight (even if I re-read them, which I do a lot).

Anyway, this brings us to the close of another ramblings session with Alyssa. As always, comments and opinions are encouraged, even if they don’t match mine!

1 comment:

Tali said...

Hey,I just found your blog and its pretty cool. I'd say I agree with you more or less, when it comes to why I write book reviews.Most of my reviews are also books i enjoyed because hey, whats the point of using time to review something you didn't like, plus its also harder.But I'd say I also use my blog to practice different styles of reviewing...and let people know that a book is really worth it to read.

Tali
http://bookbopper.blogspot.com