Wednesday, July 01, 2009

How to fix a Blogger problem

So I just got off the phone with Comcast, and I think (fingers crossed) the problem is 100% fixed now.

I consider myself to be fairly tech savvy, but the problem was something I had never had any clue about, so I figured I would share my solution in case someone else ever has this problem.

I tried deleting my cache/cookies, switching browsers, updating my software, everything I could think of. So when I switched internet connections and blogger loaded fine, I knew it was my internet connection. But here's what I didn't know. Since our house has a wireless router, pages can get "stuck" in the router just like they can get stuck in your browser. So although I was clearing my computer's cache, the pages still wouldn't update. So by resetting my router, it took care of the problem.

Anyway, I really hope that was the full problem and something doesn't come back to bite me later.

Look for the winner of Catching Fire posted tomorrow!

5 comments:

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Aw, the joys of a live in computer tech = Hubby. Plus I'm very tech savvy.

Always do the following before calling tech support:

Restart PC
Restart Router & Modem by UNPLUGGING the power cord completely for at least 60 seconds or so.

Glad to hear it's all taken care of! :)

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

I'm freaking out about this contest! I don't know if I'll be able to wait until tomorrow!!!!!!
I HOPE I WIN! I never win anything!!!!

Alyssa F said...

Yeah, I tried the restart PC several times and unplugged the modem, but not the router. I also had to restart the PC while the router was off. Silly computers...

Genevieve said...

So wait, what was wrong with the computer? I think I missed that... *goes off to see if that was mentioned in an earlier post*

Kate said...

My solutions are:
1. Restart computer.
2. Follow comps instructions for fixing.
3. Instruction is usually to unplug modem for a certain time.
4. If all else fails, get annoyed.
5. Number 4 doesn't help so call my dad :)