Monday, February 01, 2010

Recommendation Week: Books and Love

So it's February 1st, which means Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I've never been one for the whole lovey-dovey holiday (Singles Awareness Day anyone?). But this year I'm going to try to get into the spirit by talking about one of my favorite things: books, of course!

Starting next week, I will be hosting a Valentine's-inspired recommendation week. I'm going to have lists of all sorts of great books to read this time of year, and (if I can get my butt in gear and get writing) hopefully a few love-themed reviews too.

So this is where you come in, dear reader. I need you to recommend some of your favorite love-themed books to me. Now, before you click off because you don't read romance, let me explain this. I'm looking for all types of books. Paranormal romance, chick lit, first love, fairy tale endings, anything you can think of. It can even be tragic love (think Romeo and Juliet) if you want.

Now, what do you do if you're favorite literary romance is from a book that has nothing to do with romance? Well, I also would like to do a post on favorite literary couples. That means I need recommendations for these too. You can recommend any couple from any book, not matter what the topic is.

Please take a moment and participate. You can use the forms below, or follow my links to find the forms in another window. The first is to recommend your favorite books, and the second is to recommend your favorite couples. You can do the book, couple, or both. You can submit either form as many times as you want too.

Thanks for your input. Together we'll put together some great recommendations.



No comments: