Thursday, September 01, 2011

5 Years at The Shady Glade

Well, here we are.  Five years ago today, The Shady Glade changed from an idea into a reality.  Today is my 5th blogoversary. 

It is indeed a humbling experience to look back and realize how far I've come in five years.  To be honest, I never would have thought when I started this blog that I would still be going strong after five years.  The blog has grown, developed, and changed over the years, but it's always been a place where I can combine two of my favorite hobbies: reading and writing.  In a time when blogs are born, grown, and sometimes even die within a matter of months, it truly amazes me that I've reached this huge milestone. 

But I couldn't have done it without all of you, my readers.  Without an audience to talk to, this would all be the work of the random ramblings in my head (and in some ways it still is).  I know my blogging seems to come and go, and the reviews have been sparse lately, but still you hang in there and cheer me on.  Some of you have been around awhile, and some of you are new readers, but your participation in this process means the world to me.  So thank you, because I would have given up on this a long time ago if it weren't for you.  Some of you have especially supported me throughout the years (you know who you are) and I've enjoyed getting to know you better and becoming friends. 

But enough with the sentimentality. 

To share this huge milestone, I've planned a month-long celebration, akin to what I did a couple years ago.  I have guest posts scheduled from some of my favorite bloggers, some great new blog features, some thoughtful posts, and of course, prizes.  Lots and lots of prizes.  So keep your eye on the blog in the next month, because it's going to be big!  I may still be a little absent over these next few days (I'm still finalizing a few things and tying up loose ends from the battle), but there should be a new post up everyday. 

I hope you have enjoy the next month.  I certainly had fun organizing it.  And here's to another year of The Shady Glade!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited! I love a good blogoversary. Been missing my daily Shady Glade updates so welcome a post per day. Let's celebrate 5 and go for 10...

We Heart YA said...

Happy blogoversary! 5 years is a big one!

Unknown said...

Yay for 5 years! It is crazy how fast the time flies. Keep going strong!

M.A.D. said...

Congratulations and oodles of hugs on your 5 year blogoversary!!!!

Here's to 5 more awesome years :D

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

Congrats on 5 years, Alyssa! That is seriously so cool. Can't wait to see all the posts. =)

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary :)

Anonymous said...

Love it! Can't wait to see all the guest posts!!

misskallie2000 said...

Happy Blogoversary! 5 yrs is a great mile stone. May you continue for many more yrs.

misskallie2000 at yahoo dot com

The Happy Booker said...

Wow! Five years is certainly quite a milestone. Congratulations and Happy blogoversary!!

Donna @ The Happy Booker