Wednesday, January 30, 2008

2007: Blogging Reflections

So I know I promised the rest of my 2007 posts awhile ago, but it has taken this long to be able to write these up! So here’s my second post, hopefully to be followed by my third before long.

My life as a blogger was dramatically changed in 2007. My first real blogging project was the 2006 Cybils, which really introduced me into the blogging world. After that, it was only a matter of time before I really got involved.

I’ll admit, I’ve been lax on posting reviews lately. Part of the problem is that I just don’t have time to write them anymore. But I did really well in the beginning of last year. Hopefully someday soon I’ll have a nice long free day to get caught up on all those reviews. That’s one of my blogging resolutions for 2008…I promise!

My post about headless covers in February marked the first post I had with a significant number of commenters…how fun! I admit it was a fun post to write, and I still enjoy looking for covers that follow this trend. Perhaps 2008 will bring a follow-up post…

I also took my first challenge last year, the Spring Reading Thing. Since then I can’t seem to get enough of challenges. While there are a lot that I don’t participate in, I do dabble in a few, especially if I think that I it won’t be too hard to accomplish. It’s even inspired me to host my own challenges, including the currently open Young Adult Literature Challenge.

Speaking of challenges, I also hosted a summer writing challenge for the first time. The theme was retold fairy tales, which are some of my absolute favorite tales. We got quite a few good entries, and if you haven’t ever read these, you may want to head over to the post and check it out.

One of my absolute favorite posts this past year was the Are You a Bibliophile? quiz I found on Shannon Hale’s website. It was absolutely hilarious, and I still enjoy going back and looking at it. And if it’s your first time seeing the quiz, just know that I’m even more guilty of being book-addicted than I was then.

I hope you have enjoyed this little trip down blogging memory lane. And if you didn’t, well then I hope you keep coming back to read the blog anyway! Here’s to a wonderful blogging year in 2008!

No comments: