Friday, January 15, 2010

Source of the Last 15 Books I've Reviewed

So I'm really bad about remembering to post those FTC disclosure notices on the bottom of my review posts. So I'm borrowing this idea from Sharon Loves Books and Cats, who in turn got it from Presenting Lenore. Thank you to both blogs for giving me the idea for this format.

Instead of posting individually, I am going to list where the last 15 books I've reviewed came from. Now Lenore and Sharon both did this in groups of 20, but I haven't posted a lot of reviews lately, so I think 15 is a better number so I don't end up going back too far. So every 15 reviews you'll see a new list like this.

These are in reverse chronological order, starting with the most recent:

Never After by Dan Elconin - Received from the author after I responded to his email request
Penguin's Special Christmas Tree by Jeannie St. John Taylor and Molly Idle - From publisher
Believe: A Christmas Treasury by Mary Engelbreit - Public library
Mary Engelbreit's A Merry Little Christmas: Celebrate from A to Z by Mary Engelbreit - Public library
A Very Mary Christmas: A Collection of Holiday Art by Mary Engelbreit - Paperbackswap
The Legend of Holly Claus by Brittney Ryan and Laurel Long - Bookmooch
Holly Claus: The Christmas Princess by Brittney Ryan and Laurel Long - Purchased via Amazon
Christmastime by Sandra Boynton - I don't know where this came from, actually. It's been in our family since before I can remember. I assume we either got it as a gift or purchased it at some point.
Humphrey's First Christmas by Carol Heyer - Sent by publisher after interviewing the author for Robert's Snow 2007
Magic Trixie by Jill Thompson - From publisher
A Coming Evil by Vivian Vande Velde - School library
The House Next Door by Richie Tankersley Cusick - School library, then Bookmooch
The Haunted Mansion by Various - Purchased by me
The Ghost Files by The Ghost Society - From publisher
Halloween by Jerry Seinfeld and James Bennett - Children's Lit class at school

So that's 15. After another 15 reviews I'll be back to do this again, just in case I keep forgetting the FTC things.

6 comments:

Miss Haley said...

i always forget too.... but I post where I got them (or at least I'm trying to remember to do this) on "my reviews" next to the link.

Amanda said...

This is is good idea. Sometimes I forget too.

ExtremeReader said...

Just wanted to let you know that there is a blog award for you at my site!

Mandy said...

I post where I got my book from at the top of my review.

misskallie2000 said...

That is one impressive list of book reviews. How do you find time to do anything else??. Just kidding, when I am into reading I go at it none stop so I know it can be done. Though Not much of anythinng else gets done..LOL

Lenore Appelhans said...

Glad you are joining us!