Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: 1.6.10

So this is one I've seen on a few other blogs (mostly from In My Mailbox), but not much, so I'm sharing it anyway.

Today's Waiting On Wednesday pick is:

Possessed by Kate Cann

About the Book (from Amazon.com): "Rayne can't wait to start her summer job at a remote country mansion, far from the crowded, noisy London she so desperately wants to escape. But the retreat soon turns into a nightmare -- the mansion is creepy, the legends of ghosts keep Rayne up at night, and she doesn't feel safe anywhere.

Can Rayne figure out why she's so freaked -- before she becomes a ghost story herself?"

I've decided that I guess I like ghost stories. Vampires and werewolves are a little overdone these days, but a good ghost story can still get my excited. Not much a description, but intriguing nonetheless.

Possessed will be released on Febraury 1st (less than one month!) and is currently available for preorder on Amazon.com:


*Waiting On Wednesday is inspired by Jill of Breaking the Spine*

10 comments:

Holly said...

This book was really exciting. Be prepared though, a lot of questions are left unanswered as it is the first in a planned series. I loved it though.

Wendy said...

I really like the cover, it's sort of creepy and the book sounds good! :)

Alyssa F said...

Thanks for the heads up Holly! I always feel better about unresolved endings when I know about them before I get to the end of the book.

Ms. Yingling said...

What a change of pace from her usual stuff. I added this to be TBR pile. Looks good.

Anonymous said...

The reviews seem to be all over but in general sounds like a winner. I love series much more than standalones so that means I'm much more likely to add it to my wishlist(as soon as book 2 comes out)I have to have 2 or 3 books in the series to read if its a series.

Alyssa F said...

Oh yeah. If I know a book is going to be a series I usually at least try to wait until book 2 is out before I read it. Sometimes I'm successful, sometimes not. Though some series that works out okay with, because they don't have particularly unresolved endings.

Justine said...

I love ghost stories too! I always find them so interesting. This one seems awesome. I can't wait for it :)

Ellz said...

This looks really creepy. It is on my list though!

You have been awarded!
http://ellzreadz.blogspot.com/2010/01/awards-part-2.html

Amanda said...

This looks really good.
The cover is definitely creepy.

Mandy said...

I've been wanting this one for a while too (: