Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: 1.5.10

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  5. Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I am doing a very bad thing. Despite the literally teetering piles of new books just begging to be reviewed, I am re-reading an old favorite of mine. I haven't picked this up since my sophomore year of high school. My teaser today comes from page 25 of Wolf Tower by Tanith Lee. As bit of background, the book is written formatted as Claidi's diary. Just in case the style seems a bit weird:

Daisy and I helped shake out JL's petticoat. Jade Leaf thrust us off, managing to poke Daisy in the eye.
"Oh you filthyword little sluts!" sqawked JL.
Outside, they'd be marching right under the window now.
I leapt away, dashed back the window, and looked down, calling as I did so, "Oh, madam, the Guards have a prisoner."
"Of course they have you extrafilthyword little pest. Leave that and come here. I'm covered in these filthyword-Claidi-doesn't-even-know things!"
I really am bad about giving you more than two sentences. Oh well. :)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

It's fiine, having more then 2 sentances makes it more exciting (: