Monday, July 06, 2009

Contest Monday: Win a copy of Gettysburg

I hope everyone had fun with the Contests in June. Both Catching Fire and Shiver got tons of entries, so I hope that many of you new readers are enjoying the blog!

So it's time to start the Contest Monday that should have been posted last week but was delayed due to my Blogger difficulties. As I mentioned in Friday's post, this week will be a sort of tribute to Abraham Lincoln/Civil War subjects. Hence why the new background is staying a few days. And we're starting off with Contest Monday. Today's prize is a hardback copy of Gettysburg: The Graphic Novel.

About the Book (From Amazon.com): "Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address is familiar to all Americans. But never has his most famous speech—his 271 indelible words—been presented in such a visual and accessible format. Graphic artist and Civil War aficionado C. M. Butzer deftly uses a detailed, comic-book style to depict the Battle of Gettysburg; the national movement to create a memorial there; and the quiet day in 1863 when Lincoln delivered his galvanizing speech. Butzer uses only primary sources for the text, drawing from first-person letters and diaries, speeches, and Lincoln's own writing to unpack this series of historical events. The address itself is played out over eighteen pages, with every phrase given a visual interpretation that will resonate with young readers."

You can also read my review of Gettysburg before entering.

How to Enter: To enter the contest, simply leave a comment on this post. Or, if you can't leave a comment, send an email to shadyglade (AT) mail (DOT) com with the subject line "Gettysburg Contest" and include your name, your email address, and the correct subject line.

How to earn Extra Entries:
  1. Post about the contest on your blog or website. +1 for a sidebar post, +2 for a regular post. Post a link in your comment.
  2. Become a follower of this Blog (post a comment to let me know).
  3. Come up with and post your own Contest Monday (post a comment with the link).

Rules: The contest is open until Monday, July 13th, 2009. Open to US and Canada residents, even if you've won a contest in the past. The winner will be chosen by a random number generator. One free entry per person allowed. See above for instructions to earn extra contest entries. Rules about claiming prizes can be found here. Questions? Post a comment or email and ask.

Good luck to everyone! I'll announce the contest winner of this book on Tuesday, July 14th.

Gettysburg: The Graphic Novel. is also available for purchase on Amazon.com:


*The amazing Contest Monday banner was designed by Liyana.

18 comments:

Misusedinnocence said...

I would love to win this for my best friend!

misusedinnocence@aol.com

Misusedinnocence said...

I follow. :)

misusedinnocence@aol.com

Wrighty said...

No need to enter me, just wanted to say that the background looks great! Glad you got the problems fixed.

Cecelia said...

I'm new to graphic novel reading, but I'm studying history, so this sounds like the perfect introduction to the genre. And if I win, I'll pass it on to my brothers...

celialarsen(at)gmail(dot)com

Cecelia said...

+1 I'm linking to this in the sidebar of my blog at: http://ceceliabedelia.blogspot.com.

celialarsen(at)gmail(dot)com

Cecelia said...

+1 I follow on Blogger.

celialarsen(at)gmail(dot)com

cqueen2 said...

thanks so much great contest
wadesherry@hotmail dot com

suzie townsend said...

Thanks so much for the contest :)

I'm a follower :)

sztownsend81(at)yahoo.com

Liz said...

WOW! I saw this book at the book store the other day and it looked really good. I wanted to get it but I didnt have money...
Im a follower!)

Liz

liztapioka14 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Krista P. said...

Count me in. I am a follower and posted this on my sidebar (towerofbooks.wordpress.com)

towerofbooks(at)gmail(dot)com

Laina said...

I don't think I've ever read a graphic novel. Unless Archie comics count XD

I posted about it here: http://bookcontestlinks.blogspot.com/2009/07/july-9rd-2009.html

I'm already a follower.

Laina1312@gmail.com

Debs Desk said...

I would love to be included in your giveaway.
Thanks
Debbie
debdesk9@verizon.net

Debs Desk said...

I am a follower.
Thanks
Debbie
debdesk9@verizon.net

Belinda M said...

Please include me in your giveaway.

Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at CoolCanucks.ca


bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

Stephanie J said...

I would love a copy!

throuthehaze said...

please count me in!
throuthehaze at gmail dot com

throuthehaze said...

follower
throuthehaze at gmail dot com

Marjorie/cenya2 said...

Hi, I am a new subscriber and have always been a history nut, please,
count me in for this historic novel.