Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday: 7.22.09

It's time for another Waiting on Wednesday. Or, as I sometime think of it, my-to-be-read-pile-is-already-so-long-it's-taller-than-the-capitol-but-I-still-need-this-book. Haha.

Anyway, here's today's feature:


About the Book (from Amazon.com): "What really happened to Anastasia Romanov?

Anastasia Romanov thought she would never feel more alone than when the gunfire started and her family began to fall around her. Surely the bullets would come for her next. But they didn't. Instead, two gnarled old hands reached for her. When she wakes up she discovers that she is in the ancient hut of the witch Baba Yaga, and that some things are worse than being dead.

In modern-day Chicago, Anne doesn't know much about Russian history. She is more concerned about getting into a good college—until the dreams start. She is somewhere else. She is someone else. And she is sharing a small room with a very old woman. The vivid dreams startle her, but not until a handsome stranger offers to explain them does she realize her life is going to change forever. She is the only one who can save Anastasia. But, Anastasia is having her own dreams…"

Just like Tudor books, I've always been fascinated by anything to do with Anastasia Romanov. Hmm... maybe I just have a royalty thing going on in general...

Dreaming Anastasia will be released on September 1. You can currently pre-order your copy from Amazon.com:

8 comments:

Chick Lit Teens said...

I too am a fan of the Tudors, as well as Anastasia. I had no idea about this book, but I'm definitely adding it to my TBR list.

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I want this one too! I love the cover, it sounds amazing and I can't wait to read it!:)

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I've heard about this book, but Anastasia has always interested me. Thanks for sharing, and I am now adding this to my wishlist!

DeNiSe said...

What a very spooky cover really sound like a good book

Artemis Grey said...

I will totally be checking this out! I grew up in Charlottesville, the last place that the woman famous for claiming to be Anastasia lived. I can still remember her driving around with her husband in their beat up car. I've always been sort of obsessed with the tale of Anastasia, and what might have happened...

Amelia said...

This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

I've read this. Picked it up at BEA.

It was an okay read. It was action packed and I like that.

I still need to review it!

Debbie's World of Books said...

I've been wanting to read this one too.