Tuesday, November 10, 2009

New Swap Is Here!

So here's the big news that I hinted at last week. Remember back in August when I started my travelling book swap? Well, it’s coming along quite nicely (four people left to go) and so I decided I could turn my attention to the next swap. One of the things that I heard from several people during the first round was a disappointment that it was only for US residents. Well this one will be open internationally!

I’m doing things a little differently this time around. For those of you who want to sign up for a travelling swap, don’t worry. They aren’t going anywhere, and you can still participate in this swap and a travelling swap. Or just one or the other. In order to accommodate international participants, rather than having a box that physically travels from house to house we will do a “virtual” box. So here’s the basics of how it will work:

Everyone who signs up will send the books they want to swap to me (including international swappers). Once I get all of them I will post a list of all the books I got and throw in several titles of my own to form our virtual “box”. Then everyone will take turns picking a title one at a time from the box. Once you’ve picked a book for every one you sent I’ll package up your new books and mail them back to you.

So what do you think? If you’re interested in participating, make sure you check out the specific rules. I've posted them separately so linking is a little easier in the future. Read through these and then use the form on that page to sign up. That's right, I'm going to make you click through to get to the form. That way I know you've at least seen the rules.

And here's a little sneak peek for you. I have no idea what others will be including, but I CAN tell you what I might add to the box. Sign up and you may get a chance at some of these:

Bliss by Lauren Myracle
Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis
Snap by Carol Snow
Runemarks by Joanne Harris
The Fetch by Laura Whitcomb
The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw by Jeff Kinney
Jinxed by Day Leclaire
Backtracked by Pedro De Alacantara
The Other Side: A Teen's Guide to Ghost Hunting and the Paranormal by Marley Gibson
Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot
Losing Christina: Fog by Caroline B Cooney
Cindy Ella by Robin Palmer

Interested now? Great! Again, just make sure you've read the rules, and then sign up! You may get some of these, you may not, but you'll never know until you sign up. :)

1 comment:

ShadowsTomes said...

This sounds like fun!