Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Teaser Tuesday: 11.03.09

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  1. Grab your current read
  2. Open to a random page
  3. Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  5. Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser this week comes from Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Jane Austen and Ben H. Winters:

"She still sang no shanties, turned no happy reels, as Elinor was accustomed to see her undertake at odd intervals..."
Okay, this is the second teaser from this book, but I'm still working on it. Most of the other things I've been reading lately are graphic novels for the Cybils, and those are kind of hard to tease. You miss so much without seeing the art that goes with the words. Anyway, I'm off to go read and see if I can't get through the book this week!

3 comments:

ShadowsTomes said...

Is this any good? I've been tempted to get it.

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha! What a great line!

Cecelia said...

I have this one waiting in a pile under my bed...can't wait to get to it! Great lines - great teaser!