Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bloggiesta Wrap-Up

Well, it's time to wrap up the Bloggiesta. Unfortunately, I got rather sick on Friday, so I didn't get as much done as I hoped. But, having just added up my hours, I spend a total of 12 hours and 15 minutes on this challenge. Which was just barely over my goal of 12 hours. Yes!

So here's what I got done:

Blogging- 28 posts written (29 including this one).

I completed 6 mini-challenges: Clean Up Your Feedreader!, rainy-day post, Google Alerts, Elevator Pitch, blog directories, creating links using anchor text, and Grade Your Blog.

I only made two blog comments. I was more focused on writing than reading other blogs. :-) I certainly hope that was the case around here too, since I noticed there weren't as many people this weekend. However I did spend about an hour or so in conversations with people on my new Ning profile.

Layout- I fixed the sidebars on both blogs and signed up for Feedburner. Now you can subscribe by email if you are so inclined! I did re-add the followers widget here and it did fine for a few hours and then gave me problems again. So I had to take it off again. Grrr. I hate technology sometimes.

I only go two reviews written. This is the big bummer. But considering the huge number of posts I got written, this isn't a surprise. Every time I tried to sit down and write a review something else would pop into my head and demand attention. I think I have Blogger ADD.

All in all, not too bad! The mini-challenges were a great addition, although I only took on half of them. Hope everyone who participated had a great time, and if you didn't make it this year, join us next time!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

You did get a lot done! I've still got a bunch of posts that I want to write. I kept getting distracted! Did you have fun?

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Good job, I still need to write a few reviews as well!

Don't forget to check out the YA Carnival on my blog.

-Lauren

Sheila DeChantal said...

Sounds like you were pretty busy! I am enjoying stopping in on the participants sites to see what they did during the challenge and of course see the great blogs!

Kate said...

Wow, you got a lot done!

Kristen said...

Great job! I loved those mini-challenges, I learned a crapload. You got a lot more writing done than I did, I felt like I was swarmed with figuring out how to make my website grade higher (I swear I spent three hours reading, adding stuff, reading some more about it).

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

28 posts! Wow, that's fantastic! Sorry, I'm so late in leaving a comment on your wrap up post. You did fantastic!