Friday, June 05, 2009

New Features: Books Now Available

It's time for another addition as part of New Features week. Today's feature will be a monthly installment I like to call Now Available.

It occurred to me while going through my blog the past few weeks that many of the books I feature (either through WOW or a contest) are not available when I feature them. This means you can pre-order your copy, but if you're one of those people who like to buy a book in person, or maybe borrow it from the library/a friend, you have to wait until the release date. And who can remember all those dates? I have to keep a calendar to stay straight!

To aid those of you who have this problem, I'm starting the feature Now Available. Each month I'll go through my blog archives and pick out any book that was featured in the past month and has now become available. That way you can buy/borrow/whatever right away. I've seen this done with reviews on a few other blogs, but why not with contests too? Especially since I usually don't post a review before the release date.

So here's a list of all the books featured on this blog since January that have now become available. Remember, this only applies to those books that were featured before their release date. I'll also provide a link to each original post in case you're interested. Now, this list will be long because, like the wish list yesterday, it's the first one. In case you're wondering, these are listed in chronological order, with the oldest feature at the top and the newest featured ones at the bottom.

These featured books are now available in a store near you:
The Girls by Tucker Shaw (Read original post here)
Absolutely Maybe by Lisa Yee (Read original post here)
Alis by Naomi Rich (Read original post here)
Wild Orchid: A Retelling of the Ballad of Mulan by Cameron Dokey (Read original post here)
My Life in Pink & Green by Lisa Greenwald (Read original post here)
The Season by Sarah MacLean (Read original post here)
The Amaranth Enchantment by Julie Berry (Read original post here)
Willow by Julia Hoban
Riding the Universe by Gaby Triana (Read original post here)
The King's Rose by Alisa Libby (Read original post here)
Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull (Read original post here)
The Unknowns: A Mystery by Benedict Carey (Read original post here)
Thirteenth Child by Patricia C. Wrede (Read original post here)
Reality Check by Peter Abrahams (Read original post here)
Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce (Read original post here)
A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn (Read original post here)
Cathy's Ring by by Sean Stewart & Jordan Weisman (Read original post here)
Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Read original post here)
Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison (Read original post here)
The Waters & the Wild by Francesca Lia Block (Read original post here)
The Reluctant Heiress by Eva Ibbotson (Read original post here)
The Diamond Secret by Suzanne Weyn (Read original post here)

6 comments:

Kate said...

That's a really good idea! And it's really helpful too. Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Great idea! It's always cool to see what books are out. =D

Summer said...

Good idea! It does get confusing with all the buzz. What's actually out there?

susan said...

Cool feature.

Laina said...

Great idea! Personally, my to-read list is ridiculously long, so by the time I get around to reading anything, it's out :P

Amanda said...

Fantastic idea!

I find it hard to remember when certain books become available and since I love so many of the books you do, I can always find something new!