Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday 11.10.10

I know these posts can be somewhat sporadic. Hopefully I'll make up for it with today's post, which is one I'm really excited about:

Mermaid: A Twist on the Classic Tale by Carolyn Turgeon

About the Book (From Goodreads): "The story of two very different women, one mortal, one mermaid, and the clash between worlds best kept apart... It is a cold day at the end of the world when a young woman, a princess in hiding, looks out across a Northern sea and sees something she could not have seen. It looks...it can't be. It looks like a mermaid's tail. And, as she looks more closely, she sees that the mermaid is dragging a drowning sailor in her arms. Because, only hours before, another princess, the daughter of the sea queen, has decided to risk everything and take a look at the world above the sea: the world of mortals. And there she finds a storm, a shipwreck, a sailor, and sets in train events which will change both women's worlds for ever."

It seems like mermaids are the new vampires, with all the new mermaid books coming out. I've loved mermaids since I grew up with Disney's Ariel, and this one is a fairy tale retelling to boot. I'm not crazy about the cover, but it's interesting enough. From what I can tell this is actually an adult book (I think?) which will be a little bit of a different direction for me. But I'm super excited anyway.

Mermaid: A Twist on the Classic Tale will be released on March 1, 2011. In the meantime, it is also available for pre-order through Amazon.com:

3 comments:

Sharon Galligar Chance said...

This looks really good!

M.A.D. said...

Mary D

Ditto! I like what you stated, that mermaids are becoming the new vampires - sounds intriguing :D

Tales of Whimsy said...

OMG
Me too!