Well, if you like prizes, you're going to love this month. In fact I will be giving away 30 prizes at the end of this month. But of course you're going to have to work for them. :) For those of you who've been following the blog for awhile, you'll know I like to shake contests up a little bit from the standard comment and win. I thought long and hard about something fun to do for this month, and finally came up with a good idea. So the Blogoversary Extravaganza will be a silent auction.
Here's how it will work:
There will be a prize for the first three weeks in September. Prizes for the week will be posted on Saturdays (except for September 3rd). This will give you a glimpse at upcoming "lots" for the auction.
To win a prize you will register for the "auction", which will run September 26-30. When you register, you will have a total number of points you have earned during the month. You will then use these points to "bid" on the prizes. The person who bids the highest wins. In the case of a high bidding tie, the winning bidder will be chosen by Random.org.
So how do you earn points?
- Register for auction +10 (so everyone gets 10 points to start) *UPDATE* Registration will open October 2nd!
- Follow the blog (email, Google Friend Connect, RSS, etc.) +5 for old followers, +3 for new followers
- Comment on posts September 1-25 +1 per comment
- Grab the Blogoversary button +5 (in the right sidebar or bottom of this post)
- Link/Tweet/Post about the Blogoversary and/or just the contests +2 per link/tweet/etc.
- Contribute a guest post during the blogversary +7
- Judged for the 2011 YA Bloggers Book Battle +3
Some of the above challenges (like comments and links) can earn you more points the more often you do it. It's up to you to keep track of everything, we're going on the honor system here.
This contest is open internationally unless otherwise specified. So everyone feel free to participate!
More details about the silent auctions themselves will be forthcoming at the end of the blogoversary, but for now all you need to know is start earning points! You can start by grabbing the button at the end of this post. And look for those Saturday prize preview posts coming soon. The first one will be posted on the 10th.
Questions? Leave them in the comments or drop me a quick buzz at shadygladeATmailDOTcom.