Thursday, September 22, 2011

Guest Post: Eleni from La Femme Readers

I'm very excited today to host Eleni from La Femme Readers for my blogoversary guest post today.  She is always busy with her blog, so I was so excited she had an oppertunity to take time away from her busy schedule!  She's here to share a topic that's near and dear to her heart, so take it away Eleni!




How Young Adult Books Changed My Life
by Eleni from La Femme Readers:

Books are my escape. Without them, I'd obviously live on, but I'm sure I would feel some type of void somewhere in my self consious. I started reading about three years ago, thanks to the Twilight series. Since then, I've been an avid reader and book collector. It's crazy how many books I own now, I could probably start a library.

Reading for me cured all occuring stresses and brought comfort to me. Whenever I'm having a bad day, I curl up with a good book and get lost in the author's world. There I experience pure serenity within myself, it not only stimulates my brain but it also relaxes it as well. Some people who aren't book lovers, such as my husband, don't understand why bookworms love reading so much. It's a shame they can't use their imagination the way we do. But, as long as I love it, I don't care what others think.

All in all, reading has changed my life for the better. I want to thank all the authors of the world who take the time out to bring us amazing stories. They are the reason for my bookworm title, so I appreciate them wholeheartedly.

Thank you Alyssa for including me as a guest post on your great blog. Congrats again on your blogging milestone, I wish you many more!

Thanks so much for coming Eleni!  I totally feel the same way you do.  Without books my life would feel very... empty.  If you'd like to read more from Eleni, check her out at La Femme Readers

4 comments:

Ashley @ Book Labyrinth said...

Isn't reading fabulous?! I'm lucky enough to be surrounded by people who love to read, so I always find it crazy when I hear that some people don't read. I'm like "Wait... what? What do you do with your extra time?" lol ... But I think it's a lot about the imagination aspect too. I just love thinking about these make believe characters, and sometimes make believe worlds.

Evie said...

I, too, find it difficult to imagine life without stories, and I don't understand people that don't enjoy reading. I have the same response: "Wait. What?" Then I have to fight the urge to convert them although I still recommend books. Yesterday at work, I actually met a 15 year old that has never heard of The Hunger Games. Silly me thought the whole world read the series.

I understand that everyone has the right to do whatever they enjoy. I'm not being judgmental; it's just all so different than what I'm use to. But variety is the spice of life!

When I read, it's like a movie in my head. I can't imagine not reading.

Nice post, Eleni. Thank you.

SaysMindy said...

Reading is definitely my favorite addiction! There is just something beautiful about getting lost in a world apart from reality.

Natalie said...

Fantastic! I totally know how you feel. I'm obsessed with stories, and I don't know what I'd do without them!