Thursday, October 01, 2009

October Comment Contest: A Practical Guide to Vampires

So we're going themed this month with the comment contest. Like many things this October, I will be devoting this contest to all things Halloween-y.

How to enter: Each qualifying comment you leave on this blog equals one entry into the pot. The more you comment, the better chance you have at winning. Your fate is in your own hands. So if you really want the book, comment a lot! At the end of the month I randomly pick one winner for the prize. It's that easy. Qualifying comments do not include "please enter me" or other contest-related comments.

So here's what you're playing for. October's prize is a hardback copy of the newly released A Practical Guide to Vampires. To win it, comment away until 11:59 p.m. PST on October 23rd. The winner will be announced the next day. I'm closing it a little early so I have a better chance of getting it to the winner by Halloween. Any comments made in October after the 23rd will get rolled over to November's contest.

About the Book (from Amazon.com): "Sink your teeth into today's hottest fantasy topic with the next book in the New York Times best-selling series...

How old is a vampire fledgling? Why do vampires avoid mirrors? What's the best way to slip into a vampire's home? New York Times best-selling author Lisa Trumbauer illuminates the twilight world of vampires in the next edition in the Practical Guide family of fantasy essentials."

A review will be coming later too! Good luck to everyone.

14 comments:

Orchid said...

A Practical guide to Vampires sounds so funny, plus who doesn't want to know how old a fledgling vamp is. :)

hauntingorchid (at) aol (dot) com

Pam said...

I haven't jumped on the vampire bandwagon yet but this sounds cute!

melacan at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I've been avoiding paranourmal type books since they became extremely popular (Breaking Dawn) but this sounds pretty interesting.

Anonymous said...

so much vampire stuff out there these days - but harder to find quality vampire stuff. I wonder if this is it :P

Aimee
http://myflutteringheart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am so glad they finally wrote a book explaining my 12 year old daughter's BOYFRIEND.... Its about time... confusion was overtaking me lol... jk... it looks great!

abookish mom at yahoo

Diana Dang said...

This looks cool! :33

Ellz said...

This sounds like a good read. I can't believe I haven't hear of it already.

Ren @ All By Myshelf said...

Sounds like an interesting book. I love vampires, I'd love to learn more about them. ;)

eclecticdahlia at aol dot com

Shooting Stars Mag said...

ohh this sounds amazing. i'd love to check it out.

-lauren



lauren51990 at aol dot com

Miss Haley said...

haha this sounds so cute!! enter me plz

haleymathiot at yahoo dot com

Kristen said...

Sounds super cute! I remember seeing these at ALA for purchase at Wizards of the Coast.

Please enter me.

bittahsweetharmony@yahoo.com

Tracey said...

I'd enjoy knowing more about vampires in case I ever meet one.
traymona[at]aol.com

Lindsay Frost said...

I would LOVE to win this!!
Thankyou!! :D:D:D

-Lindsay

lindsay15photo@gmail.com

Kate said...

Ooh, this sounds very interesting!