Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday: 10.21.09

So today's book was actually officially released yesterday, but I'm still really looking forward to reading it, so I thought I'd still include it. So here we go:

Dragonfly by Julia Golding

About the Book (from Amazon.com): "Princess Taoshira of the Blue Crescent Islands is appalled when she is ordered to marry Prince Ramil of Gerfal in order to unite their lands. And he's not too pleased, either. They hate each other on sight. So, when Tashi and Ramil are kidnapped, they fear there's no escape - from their kidnappers or from each other. Can they put aside their differences long enough to survive ambush, unarmed combat, brainwashing, and imprisonment? And will the people they meet on their adventure help them or betray them to the enemy?"

Princesses, arranged marriages and kidnapping? I am SO reading that. Plus there is something really tantalizing about this cover. I'd love to know how the title ties into that plot too.

Dragonfly was released officially yesterday (October 20th) and is available for order on Amazon.com:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ive never even heard of this book but it sounds like its right up my alley! thanks for the introduction to it!

-Aimee :)
www.myflutteringheart.blogspot.com

Faye( Ramblings of a Teenage Bookworm) said...

OMG!!! I'm going 2 go pick this one up!

in which a girl reads said...

This looks great! Good pick :D

Jenny N. said...

I think its the first time I've seen this book and the dragonfly on the cover looks so nice.

Anonymous said...

The book sounds to fab to resist. I just finished ordering it from Amazon. Keep up the good work!

Kate said...

The blurb really intrigues me. And I love the cover.

Ellz said...

Great WOW, this sounds like a fun read.

Wrighty said...

I've been so drawn to this book since the first time I saw it. Dragonflies have a special place in my heart since they represent the cousin I recently lost to her four young children. That's how she will be forever remembered. The cover is beautiful.

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

I just love the Dragonfly cover <3 Great choice!