Monday, October 19, 2009

Recommendation Week: Ghost Stories

So this is an idea I mentioned way back in June, but I'm going to do the first one now. I actually am working on a bit of surprise for these in the future, but since Halloween is fast approaching, I thought I'd go ahead and do one now. You'll just have to wait for another time for the surprise (probably after the Cybils...)

You can find all the details at the original post, but the idea is this. For each theme I'll choose some books to feature throughout the week. Meanwhile, you (the reader) have until Friday to give me your own recommendations for that theme. Then on Saturday I'll have a wrap up post that will include a master list of recommendations (mine and others). Sound good? Then here we go.

The theme for this week is ghost stories. Ooh, scary. Heh, I thought it fit in with Halloween. These can be books that are about ghosts, ghostly occurrences, or feature ghost characters. On a side note, don't you just love this ghost picture? He's so cute, and I love that you can see his shadow through him. Anyway, back on topic. Here's some books I'll be featuring this week:

A Coming Evil by Vivian Vande Velde
Ghost Files: The Haunting Truth by The Ghost Society
Haunted Mansion by Various
The House Next Door by Richie Tankersley Cusick
Sweet Miss Honeywell's Revenge: A Ghost Story by Kathryn Reiss

There's a preview of what's coming up for me. Now it's your turn. Submit all your ghostly book suggestions here (either comment below or send me an email) by this Friday. We're going to keep this one strictly to books. I know there's plenty of good ghost movies out there, but that's for another post.

3 comments:

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

Oh, I love this idea! I'm a recommendations nut. I love giving and receiving them! Ok, here goes:

A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb
Tryst by Elswyth Thane
Give Up the Ghost by Megan Crewe
Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley

Thanks for the great post idea!

Kate said...

Oh. My. God.
I've just realised I've never read a book that has a main theme of ghosts. The closest I've got is the HP series. Zombies? Yes. Vampires? Yes. Death as a moving being? Yes. Weird internet murderer being? Yes. Ghost? No.

I shall have to look at some of these suggestions myself!

Wrighty said...

What a great idea! And I do love the little ghost too! I'll be better prepared for next week. I hope. I am writing down all the recommendations though. Thanks!