Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday: 10.28.09

Today's WOW post is a 2010 addition to one of my favorite series:

Violet Eyes by Debbie Viguie

About the Book: "Seventeen-year-old Violet is amazed when a storm brings the dashing Prince Richard to her impoverished family’s farm. The two fall in love at first sight, but although Richard has given his heart to Violet, his parents will only let him marry a princess of their choosing, a lady of the highest nobility and sensitivity. Now on a quest to be reunited with her true love, Violet must rely on her wits — and a little help from an unexpected source — to compete with princesses, pass the king and queen’s tests, and prove herself worthy of being Richard’s bride."

Do I really need to say anything about this? I LOVE the Once Upon a Time Series, so that alone makes me want to read it. Plus I'm excited to read a retelling of the princess and the pea. That's definately one that has not been overdone in the fairy tale retelling genre. I do like the cover, but I really miss Kinuko Craft's old covers too.

Violet Eyes will be relased on February 23, 2010 and you can currently pre-order it from Amazon.com:

9 comments:

Sara said...

Great pick! I just finished Before Midnight and really liked it... I'll be keeping an eye out of this new addition to the retellings!

in which a girl reads said...

Ooh nice pick! Now I'm waiting on this one too :D

Unknown said...

Plus I'm excited to read a retelling of the princess and the pea. That's definately one that has been overdone in the fairy tale retelling genre.
Is it? I ask because I have not really seen it done much, so find the occasional retelling that I do see very interesting.

Ashley said...

Sounds amazing!

A Bookshelf Monstrosity said...

Oh, yeah-I just recently discovered this series. Glad to know there are more coming out!

Alyssa F said...

Sheryl - Oops! You're right, that was a typo. It was supposed to read "not been overdone". LOL

Anonymous said...

I told my daughter about it. She's read some of the other "Once Upon a Time" books. At her request it's now ordered. Must we wait until next Wed?

Jenny N. said...

I havent read the series yet but this book looks so good I have to check it out.

Bookaholic said...

this book looks soooo good! This series is the best.