Monday, December 07, 2009

On the Sixth Day of Christmas...

On the 6th day of Christmas my true love gave to me 6 geese a-laying

Hmmm. First off let me say that if you haven't read today's review post, this prize won't make much sense to you. You've been warned. I would go and read that first if I were you.

Today's prize is a gently used hardback copy of of Christmastime by Sandra Boynton. This is out of print and it is probably one of my all-time favorite Christmas books. So I searched high and low and found a copy to give to you, my lovely readers. Since I'm not giving up my own, you know! Did I mention it was out of print?

About the Book (from the back cover): "What is surely the jolliest time of the year? What day involves a whole season of intensive preparation? What magical mid-winter event is celebrated with an exuberance of song, food and drink, and an abundance of green? What is the most compelling occasion for the gathering together of family and friends to exult in a common spirit of joy and wonder and reverence and hope?

The answer, of course, is Super Bowl Sunday, but unfortunately Sandra Boynton knows very little about football so she chose instead to write about Christmastime.

With guest appearances by Santa and his reindeer, Boynton's familiar menagerie reveals the many joys and satisfactions that make Christmastime such a universally special season. Full-color drawings throughout. A humorous and compassionate carol that makes the perfect gift."

To enter, please leave a comment below or send me an email with the subject line "Sixth Day of Christmas". If you haven't read them already, make sure you read the Contest Rules. You'll also find a roundup of all the other contests on that page. Open internationally until December 20th at midnight.

Extra entries (Be honest, I DO check these!):
+1 For following
+1 Posing in a sidebar
+2 Blogging post or twitter (leave a link)
+2 For being referred by someone (let me know who)
+1 For every person you refer

(if you are using your extra entries from other posts, please add those to your comment)

19 comments:

Leslie said...

That looks so cute! I love the illustrations.
+1 follower

Jess (The Cozy Reader) said...

Please enter me!

+1 follower

Anonymous said...

I would love to be entered in your draw. Thanks!
I am a follower of your blog.
wandanamgreb(at)gmail(dot)coom

Jessy said...

The cover is so cute. Please enter me.
+1-Follower

Unknown said...

Okay, that looks remarkably cute. Please count me in for this contest (and I follow The Shady Glade).

skyla11377 said...

I Would Love To be Entered Into the Contest.

+1 For following
http://skyla11377.blogspot.com/

+2 Blogging post or twitter (leave a link)
http://skyla11377.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/skyla11377

Mystica said...

Would like if you could enter me for this.

I am a follower



mystica123athotmaildotcom

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

Please enter me! I read your review of this one and then went and requested it from Inner-library Loan at my library!:) I think this could easily become a family tradition for my family as well.
+1 follower

CeeCee said...

Please enter me
+1 follower

This makes much more sense after reading review and the family conversations makes it a little bit more interesting

Thanks
Seahn

renee said...

Please enter me

+1 follower via google friend

scottsgal said...

Very cute book!

+1 follower

+2 referred by Neverending Shelf blog

justpeachy36 said...

justpeachy36@yahoo.com

Please enter me.

I am a follower.

Katy said...

We love, love, love Sandra Boynton at our house!

I'm a follower!

Aik said...

Please enter me! Thanks!

+1 For following

+1 Posting in a sidebar
http://aik-friendsnfamily.blogspot.com

+2 Blogging post or twitter
http://twitter.com/aikchien/status/6864900487

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Linda Henderson said...

Please enter me.

I am a follower

seriousreader at live dot com

rubynreba said...

Please enter me. Thanks.
+1 follower

Llehn said...

I'd love to play please!

Already a follower.

Wrighty said...

I love her books and bought several for my kids when they were little. She has such cute illustrations! Great choice!

+1 follow
+1 button on sidebar

Wrighty said...

I left myself a note that I earned a one time bonus entry for one of the giveaways. I forgot to write down what I did to earn it! If you happen to know I'll add that bonus here. if you don't just ignore my babbling! December is a month of craziness and disorganization!! :) Thanks for such a fun 12 Days of giveaways!