Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday: 12.16.09

Today's Waiting On Wednesday pick is:

Heist Society by Ally Carter

About the Book (from Amazon.com): "When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her on a trip to the Louvre...to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria...to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own--scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving "the life" for a normal life proves harder than she'd expected.

Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring her back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has good reason: a powerful mobster has been robbed of his priceless art collection and wants to retrieve it. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat's father isn't just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat's dad needs her help. For Kat there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it's a spectacularly impossible job? She's got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in history--or at least her family's (very crooked) history."

What can I say about this one. I absolutely love the Gallagher Girls series and so I jumped for joy when I found out Ally Carter was doing another book. I suspect it will be kind of similar to the spy thing (being a good thief is kind of like being a spy after all) but on the other side of the law. Intriguing! Plus it gives me something to read while waiting for GG #4. But that's another WOW post...

Now if you'll excuse me while I cover gush again: I love this cover! It has all the look of a high society boarding school read (think Gossip Girls, Clique, etc) but I love how the paintings are reflected in her huge sunglasses. Too cool!

Heist Society will be released on February 9th, 2010 and is currently available for preorder on Amazon.com:


*Waiting On Wednesday is inspired by Jill of Breaking the Spine*

3 comments:

Sara said...

I was lucky enough to get my hands on an arc of HEIST SOCIETY... it was amazing! I can't wait until it is published so I can talk about it with people! :)

Kristen said...

Looks like a fun book. :) And boo to Sara for getting it early. Lol. Jk. Glad it was great!

Mandy said...

This one sounds great! =)