Friday, December 18, 2009

Poetry Friday: Carol of the Bells

Welcome to another holiday edition of Poetry Friday. Today I've got one of my favorite Christmas Carols to share with you:

Carol of the Bells
Hark how the bells
Sweet silver bells
All seem to say
Throw cares away

Christmas is here
Bringing good cheer
To young and old
Meek and the bold
Ding dong ding
That is their song
With joyful ring
All caroling

One seems to hear
Words of good cheer
From everywhere
Filling the air

Oh how they pound
Raising the sound
O'er hill and dale
Telling their tale

Gaily they ring
While people sing
Songs of good cheer
Christmas is here

Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas
Merry, merry, merry, merry Christmas
On on they send
On without end
Their joyful tone to every home
Dong ding dong ding

And since reading the words are only part of the fun, here's a video too. There are many, many variations of this song, but this particular version is one of my favorites:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very interesting and pretty adaptation! Carol of The Bells is my favorite choral Christmas song.

~The Book Pixie said...

Ok, so I LOVE Celtic Woman and I LOVE this song so this was like the perfect post. lol. They always have such beautiful dresses too. **

~Briana

Charlotte said...

When reading the words I couldn't hear the tune in my head, but watching the video helped ! You're right, this song's great.

Oh, and I've been told that an award was waiting for you here !

Kristen said...

Very lovely. I personally love the Transiberian Orchestra version. :)